Desert Indie Designers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Indie Designers

The private forum for the Desert Indie Designers, Tucson-area artisans collective

2 posters

"Quick Start Guide" to the Forum

dragonsspark
    dragonsspark
    Admin

Number of posts : 127
    Phone number(s) : 520.271-5461
    Registration date : 2008-04-27

"Quick Start Guide" to the Forum Empty "Quick Start Guide" to the Forum

Post  dragonsspark Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi all! Here's a quick overview to get you started.

To get started, click on Register. Agree to the terms, then fill out your registration information and click Save. So that we all recognize each other here, please use either your shop name or some variant of your first name as your username. Thanks!

By the way, the Announcements forum is visible to guests, so keep that in mind if you post any replies here!

Please notice the FAQ. This will tell you about most of the forum features.

If you haven't yet, please introduce yourself in the Introductions forum.

A couple of non-obvious things:

If you want to add an event to the calendar, you should pick the forum that the event belongs to, e.g., Fairs, Festivals & Shows for the May Bentley's show. Then click New Topic. Type in your info, and then under Calendar, enter the date and time. One thing that's a little funky: Starting time for the event is called Hour of the Event, and instead of an ending time, you put in a duration in days, hours, and minutes.

Notice that if you click on an image in the Gallery, you can scroll down to rate it or make comments on it (called quick reply).

You can make your own personal albums, too, but we're limited to 10 Mb of storage, so let's keep the images relevant to the group, please!

You can send private messages to another member by clicking the private message button (looks like a person, with 'MP' next to it), either under their username on a post, or in the Member list.

Michele (blingaling) pointed out to me that it's been hard to find out members' real names, since the profile doesn't ask for it. So I fiddled around a bit and found out that I could add profile questions. Now, if you go to your profile page, you should see a third section called Personalized profile that asks for your real name and also your phone number, since that wasn't a default question, either.

The member list and member profiles are only accessible to other DID members. Spambots, etc., can't access this information because they are behind a password-protected login.

I would also suggest adding your name to your signature (click the Signature tab on your Profile page to edit it) as some of the members have already.... It just makes it easier to get to know everyone if we have your name along with your shop name.

Last edited by dragonsspark on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
    blingaling
    blingaling

Number of posts : 103
    Phone number(s) : 520-207-7151
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

"Quick Start Guide" to the Forum Empty Re: "Quick Start Guide" to the Forum

Post  blingaling Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:41 am

Is there a way to delete my "unanswered posts" without going in and answering them? I get distracted by too much information, so I'd like to clear old stuff so the new stuff will stand out better for me. Thanks.. Michele
    dragonsspark
    dragonsspark
    Admin

Number of posts : 127
    Phone number(s) : 520.271-5461
    Registration date : 2008-04-27

Post  dragonsspark Thu May 01, 2008 2:34 pm

blingaling wrote:Is there a way to delete my "unanswered posts" without going in and answering them? I get distracted by too much information, so I'd like to clear old stuff so the new stuff will stand out better for me. Thanks.. Michele

As far as I know, there's no way to remove your unanswered posts from their list. Everyone is allowed to delete their own posts, so if you post something and later feel like it's not relevant anymore, you can delete it if you want.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:43 pm